Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Melbourne Travel Log

I've just returned from 5 days in Melbourne. Great city but mental note to remember a brolly next time! I flew with Air New Zealand who have the good sense to choose Living Nature Products for their in-flight bathrooms - which was fortunate because I'd stashed all my toiletries in my luggage (due to the new regulations). I was travelling my two older children, so stayed in a great (upmarket) backpackers. Since I don't have a laptop, one advantage of staying at the backpackers is the internet room - I was able to check and reply to all my business emails. Had to detour from my largely organic diet for a couple of days but found some great organic stores on Days 2 and 3 - one at Spencer St Station (formerly Southern Cross) and one in Bridge St. Also spotted a restaurant in Fitzroy (Brunswick St) which is a great shopping area if you prefer vintage and recycled clothing ... I was in shopping heaven! Unfortunately my daughter is more of a Cotton On, Just Jeans, imported from China kind-of-girl but she'll see the (green) light one day!

Recent Comments